Hello and welcome! I’m Jessica and I’m lucky enough to be married to Andrew. Our little family began in August 2011, almost a year after we met at BYU in the Technology and Engineering Education program. Currently we are in Indiana while Andrew finishes his PhD at Purdue University. We’ve got two amazing kids, Emily and Nathan, that joined us while we’ve been in grad school. We prefer spending our days outside gardening, bike riding, playing at the playground, going on picnics, slack lining, and hanging out with friends. At our online space you’ll find the bits and pieces that make up our lives:
- family adventures and day to day moments
- thoughts about motherhood and life’s learning experiences
- projects we are working on (us Jackson’s love making things)
- the process of making this place home
- food we make a lot of and why we eat what we do
- books I’m reading and applications of them
- our journey in simplifying and things we find are worth investing in
- snippets of photography business
Check out my podcast, Thriving in Motherhood, to hear weekly interviews with mothers about their stories of growth!
You can also check out a tour of our home on Designmom’s Living With Kids series.
I’m a lifelong learner, grateful for miracles big and small, goal setter and list maker, and seeking to create a life of joy for me and my family. I’m slowing discovering who I am, what I like, and who I want to become. It is a road filled with many trials and blessings that is shaping our lives. I hope that as you read our story that you think of how your unique journey is filled with good things that keep coming.
Thanks for reading!