Andrew spent the fall and early 2019 applying for jobs, followed by phone and in-person interviews. We were blessed to have two great, but completely different offers. This was a blessing but also so hard. We started out with me really excited about one and afraid of the the other. Other felt the same about the second offer. We had four days to make a decision and it was an incredible experience to work through that process with Andrew.
On day one we each wanted a different option and felt like we would be living in different cities. On day two we each had come to terms with the other location and we had swapped positions, still ending up in different cities. On day three we were able to work past our fears really collaborate, looking at the situation from a million different angles. A couple from church watched the kids so we could go to the temple. We stayed there until we were told it was closed and came home without a decision. On day 4 we waffled back and forth a few more times, did last minute research, and then decided and made the calls.
That day was hard. We both had to grieve the great opportunity we said no to. But then we had to celebrate what we said yes to.