At the beginning of the year I got yarn to start a new afghan. I had reached a point in my life where I just needed a project that wouldn’t require me to think and help distract me in the evenings from my own unproductive thoughts. A few weeks later we found out we were expecting our baby boy, and this became his blanket. Unlike Emily’s afghan that took me years to finish, I completed this one in just a few months. Most of the progress was made in three weeks of focused crocheting. It was really fun to see it come together; it looks soooo much better than my first attempt!
I took a few pictures when Emily was away and then hid the blanket in my closet until our baby boy arrives; Emily is into blanket hoarding right now (she has five special ones that are accounted for at every naptime and bedtime), so I needed to keep this one safe.