Last Friday our neighborhood hosted a little Olympics for the kids. We had a great group ranging from a few months to 7 years old. The day started with a parade around the complex and then we split the kids into two groups by age to do a series of events. There were races, an obstacle course, gymnastics (balance beam, somersaults, leap frog – turned into hopping like frogs), shooting and fencing for the older kids, shot put, discus, and high jump. We ended with a medals ceremony with each kid taking a turn stepping on the stand to receive their medal. The kids were really focused about 75% of the time and wandered off to play in the sand the other 25%. A week later they are still requesting to do obstacle courses around the playground and be timed for races. We joined again in the evening for a pre-opening ceremony potluck dinner.